Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Rectangular Screen Tube Televisions

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #3  
Old 11-27-2020, 02:05 PM
JohnCT's Avatar
JohnCT JohnCT is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 749
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeno View Post
RCA used to like using a fuse wire right at the interlock. Be something
like 1" of #24. Personally I would just put a GJV 4 in its place.

Being an RCA it should be a good running set. A GE would be another story !

73 Zeno
LFOD !
I remember many TVs in the old days used 24 gauge wire underneath but I can't remember seeing them on the interlock. Hopefully it's something like that. I can't imagine a TV being sold with no fuse. SAMS says there's one fuse, and there is one right on the damper, but that's all.

I guess I really should pull it apart.

BTW, how about the leather handles? This TV has the two loops on top but no sign of the leather handle. How does one go about replacing something like that? Thanks.

John
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:16 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.