Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Solid State CRT Televisions

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #13  
Old 06-22-2020, 06:56 AM
JohnCT's Avatar
JohnCT JohnCT is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 749
Quote:
Originally Posted by NowhereMan 1966 View Post
It did have a yellow label on it. I know with the old board, the TV might come on for a few minutes and shut off and if you try to turn in on, it would "motorboat" indicating a bad capacitor from my discussion here. It just seems perplexed that nothing happens, I guess I'll have to go over it again. I'll have to check around with my VOM with my SAMs folder in hand and see what's up.
If it's a yellow label and was sealed, it's likely good, even sitting in the box all these years.

First thing I would do is reinstall the original module and see if you can get back to where it was. If it acts dead like the new board, then something else happened coincidentally. If the original board runs with the shutdown and motorboating, pull that dual section PC mount electro and check it, or better yet just replace it. That cap causes all sorts of mischief including damaging the start transistors on that sub board I mentioned earlier.

On Zenith modules, the suffix is critical. I used to have all those boards memorized, but whereas a 9-181-01 might sub the 9-181, the 9-181-02 might not, but the -03 might!

Our local Zenith distributor (Plymouth Electric NH CT) used to mail us cheat sheets that had all the modules listed with the suffixes that would interchange. Saved a lot of time and trouble. All that stuff I tossed out twenty or more years ago.

John
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:47 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.