Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Rectangular Screen Tube Televisions

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #2  
Old 05-13-2020, 06:51 PM
dieseljeep dieseljeep is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 7,562
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
Cleaning storage today and found a 1971/72 Panasonic CT-26 Pana Color. 13" or so delta gun. 10 tube hybrid. No idea where I got it. Home and powered up minus Variac. It slowly got to to speed and was trying to work with massive dirty controls. CRT looked strong. Tubes seem to be original. Then I moved it and the not connected dipole antenna wires brushed the cable balun. Big 110v spark and white smoke from inside below the CRT and breaker pop. Hot chassis. Rats.

Looked inside and nothing burned and the line fuse was ok. My power strip saved it. Cleaned while open and powered again. It came back up with a minor AC hum line that was an odd few staggered lines of the scan. 4-5 lines at most. Played with the magnets and got perfect convergence. Grey scale great. Went behind to look for focus control and never found it. When I got back to the front the hum was gone. Did it reform itself? Still need to find the focus to finish. A bit soft. The AFC is wonky sometimes working fine and then garbage. Works fine with AFC off.

Anyone know where the focus is? Don't see any focus jumpers either. The web is no help with this set. Swamped with another CT-26xxxx flat panel.
I have one that's probably close. I think mine is an 11 inch. I picked it up at a thrift shop, I thought it was a solid state, until I plugged it in and I seen the tubes lighting up. I bought because it was a hybrid.
I think the CRT is a low focus voltage one. The picture looks good but I want to see the clearly defined scan lines. A fetish with me.
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:03 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.