Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #3  
Old 04-11-2020, 11:58 AM
vortalexfan vortalexfan is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Northern Indiana
Posts: 1,986
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxhifi View Post
Not sure what is causing the issue, but to make it not happen again, put some heat shrink on the end of your screwdriver, leaving just enough blade exposed to fit the screw you are adjusting.
OK, I'll try that.

Could I temporarily use a 19T8 in this TV in place of the 6T8 for testing purposes?

I'm asking because I have a whole buttload of 19T8 tubes and no working 6T8 tubes currently.

I was thinking that I had heard (at least in series string sets anyways) that you could go slightly higher than the original rated tubes for testing purposes (e.g. 12BA6 in place of a 6BA6, and it wouldn't really harm the circuit).
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:48 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.