Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #28  
Old 01-03-2020, 05:56 PM
CinemaDude CinemaDude is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Brooklyn NY
Posts: 5
Yah, I have been very lucky to have found my passion very early on and been able to work in the those fields, from running the projection booths in a Drive-in in Texas, to a number of movie theatres down there...then to being a sound engineer in a recording studio at a performing arts center and finally to being the director of cinema in a 2500 theatre in Brooklyn. Never a day did it feel like any of it was work. I must have done something good in another life to have it so good.

BTW, I know it is probably out of left field, but since I mentioned it, if anyone out there wants to play with that 3DTV system and the 3D tapes, you are welcome to them. I think I have 5 headsets and maybe 5 or 6 3D movie titles on SVHS tape -- THE HOUSE OF WAX, ANDY WORHOL'S FRANKENSTEIN, JAWS 3D and a few others I can't recall at the moment. The system has a small multiplexer box that syncs the LCD active glasses to the 3D images. It is driven by the sync signal from the tape deck's composite output signal, so you need an SVHS tape deck and it has to have composite output (which I believe all do). I believe if it has component output, one of those 3 color jacks has the sync signal and you can get it off that to drive the multiplexer for the LCD glasses, although I never tried that. If you have S-Video, I think you can do a break-out and get sync off the chrominance signal, but again, that would all be experimental, as I never tried that either.

Anyway, anyone out there who would like to play around with this, you are welcome to it. All I would ask is that you pay the shipping and we are good.
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:19 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.