Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Solid State CRT Televisions

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #11  
Old 08-23-2017, 08:14 PM
Findm-Keepm's Avatar
Findm-Keepm Findm-Keepm is offline
Followin' the Rules...
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,857
Quote:
Originally Posted by lnx64 View Post
Cool, shoot me a PM and I'll see what we can work out. I'm modifying my Genesis for RGB video, and with how I'm trying to get the best picture and sound out of it (even replaced the sound chip with something better--but compatible), I have been wanting to get rid of the RF modulator in it, to remove any noise it may be injecting back on the system.
With the Saw-resonator based modulators (last 15 years or so from Alps, Matsushita, Murata, and Toshiba), they lock dead on, with zero harmonics - any noise is typically a ground loop or RF leakage. I like HVAC tin foil tape for RF leakage issues, although the last I've really experienced was with the old OAK and SciAtlanta Cable boxes. Once they went addressable, we no longer could repair them.
__________________
Brian
USN RET 22YRS (Avionics/Cal)
CET-Consumer Repair and Avionics ('88)
"Capacitor Cosmetologist since '79"

When fuses go to work, they quit!
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:42 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.