Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > The Amateur Radio Spot

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #26  
Old 06-20-2017, 06:44 AM
Kamakiri's Avatar
Kamakiri Kamakiri is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Buffalo, New York
Posts: 5,109
Here's one last shot.....a 5V4 gave its life so I could make a socket adapter for the top of the transformer so that I could wire everything to the existing 5U4 socket in the chassis enabling me to close the lid

Weird thing about this receiver.....the gain is off the charts. Local AM stations will overload the RF even with the gain on minimum unless I slightly de-tune them. Even the religious stations on shortwave do the same thing.

I'm not sure if this thing is just an incredible performer, or if there's an issue. To its credit, I was listening to the Voice of Vietnam and caught a QSO between two hams in the UK on it last night, and I've never heard either before....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_1637.jpg (69.1 KB, 7 views)
__________________
"Restoring a tube TV is like going to war. A color one is like a land war in Asia."
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:41 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.