Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #11  
Old 02-15-2017, 01:29 PM
DavGoodlin's Avatar
DavGoodlin DavGoodlin is offline
Motorola Minion
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: near Strasburg PA
Posts: 3,504
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamakiri View Post
This set originally came from Dave A. Here's a shot of it when I first picked it up at Dave Goodling's in Lancaster PA back on Feb 20 last year.....
Great job Tim. I agree that coil issue was perplexing, since shorting that coil is S.O.P. on CTC12 and later chassis to center the hold control range. Not so on the CTC11, this coil is center-tapped - an auto-transformer to feedback from plate to the osc grid, so you don't short it because of how critical this loop is. The adjustment is in the Sams 550-2, page 16 and requires a scope to match amplitude of the two peaks.

I would not mind putting that coil on two of my ring-testers to see if that fails the coil against a good one from my working '11, the resistance measurements sure didnt

Is that CRT a 21FJP22, or has it a formed safety glass for the 21FBP22? I covered it up and did not peek so I wasn't tempted to keep it
__________________
"When resistors increase in value, they're worthless"
-Dave G
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:51 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.