Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Rectangular Screen Tube Televisions

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #19  
Old 01-31-2017, 08:45 PM
Captainclock Captainclock is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Elkhart, Indiana
Posts: 1,189
Man your parents must be pretty generous if they are letting you have a small collection of vintage Console and Table Top model TVs in their house, my parents won't even let me have one unless its a small one that can be stored away out of sight because my parents think I might become a "hoarder" if I was to start collecting vintage TVs of all sizes functioning or not even if I was just to have them in a neat organized display, and part of the problem with my mom at least is that my grandparents (specifically my grandfather) were what she considered hoarders because my grandfather had a large stack of news papers in their living room of their old house, they had a "junk room" that was piled floor to ceiling literally with old stuff that they didn't use anymore, then to top it off my grandfather had quite literally a junk yard full of classic Mopar, GM, and Ford vehicles in yard with vehicles dating as far back as 1956, to as recent as 1987 and everything in between, he had several pulled and working or needing some slight work 440 V8 engines from old Mopar cars, he had an old Chrysler Imperial, several Chrysler New Yorkers, several Chrysler Newports, a few Dodge Darts from the 1960s and 1970s, a couple of Plymouth Furies, a Plymouth Volare Stationwagon, a Ford Ranchero, an old Buick Regal, and that's just to name a few of the 42 cars he had on his property, anyways my mom fears that I'm going to end up like my grandfather (which was her father) if I start collecting too many things, which that's just not the case but my mom doesn't really understand (and neither does my staff person that works with me from an organization that works with people with disabilities) because everytime I buy something vintage like an old record player or an old radio or an old fan my staff person (and even my mom if she finds out about them) will tell me to either sell the item or scrap it out or donate it or get rid of it somehow because they think I'm "hoarding" stuff, even though they aren't really giving me a chance to properly fix up the items and properly display them. Anyways Dave I envy you being able to freely collect old TVs and radios unrestricted like you can because it really annoys me that I can't have a proper collection of vintage electronics or vintage fans because everyone around me thinks that I can't do that without it becoming a "hoard" even though they don't give me a chance to make a proper collection and display it properly. In fact I have 3 small tabletop radios, one from 1948 and one from 1956 and one from 1963 which would be one radio representative from a different decade and I was saying that I wanted to keep those radios and display them as part of my collection just to demonstrate what the different styles of radios from the different decades of the mid 20th century which was the peak of American electronic manufacturing, but my staff person wants me to sell the radios on ebay and try to get money out of them even though I really don't want to. So anyways yeah that's my rant for the night. Good luck on your TVs and radios.
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:02 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.