Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Rectangular Screen Tube Televisions

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #18  
Old 11-03-2016, 03:46 PM
maxhifi's Avatar
maxhifi maxhifi is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,871
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeno View Post
Agreed........
In the 70's Zenith CRT's were best. The chassis still held
on to a lot of hand wiring til '79 so most rugged of the era.
Between RCA & Zenith they sold apx half the TV's in the US.
They were the two expensive brands til Sony came along.
Other sets that cost as much had a tiny market share. With
those you were buying a cabinet or a slick sales pitch but
NOT electronics or long life.

73 Zeno
LFOD !
In my admittedly limited experience, RCA TVs have better colour than Zenith. I don't like Zeniths IC colour demod circuit from the early 70s, if you ever have to screw with one be prepared to be annoyed. Everything aside from this critical detail I give the edge to Zenith but I like my colours accurate and find it easier to achieve this on an RCA, therefore if I had to pick a side I would say RCA.
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:02 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.