Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Rectangular Screen Tube Televisions

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #11  
Old 09-20-2016, 05:17 PM
Jon A.'s Avatar
Jon A. Jon A. is offline
Don't mess with Esther.
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 4,267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
The bad part is that all the sets are covered in dust that smells moldy, and the wood sets have mold (granted I think I can clean it).

It took me most of Sunday to unload, return the rental, wash all the CRTs with sponge + soapy bleach water, test the roundy tubes, wash the out sides of the sets, clean the shed and put it all in there, FINALLY shower, and treat the folks to Olive Garden for dinner as thanks.

So what do you think of my haul? Think I should go back there, or am I nucking futz?
I think Tilex mold and mildew killer ought to take care of the wood sets. I use it in the bathroom all the time and once on a radio's speaker grille cloth. Cleaned it up nicely.

Damn that's a nice haul. Of course you would be nuts for getting more, but revel in that, I would do it if I could. Store some of this stuff outside if you need to, just cover it up and maybe build a shed to hold the overflow.

Last edited by Jon A.; 09-20-2016 at 05:25 PM.
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:07 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.