Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Diagnostic & Test Equipment

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #5  
Old 04-22-2016, 11:49 AM
jr_tech's Avatar
jr_tech jr_tech is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,573
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubejunke View Post
The problem that I have is that wax paper, or basically non electrolytic caps work fine on the DC leakage tests. But when I connect any electrolytic to the unit there is no reaction at all on the shadow angle of the "magic eye" tube. I have read that electrolytics can be more difficult to test on these units; and I know that the charge time is longer, but I could hold the leakage switch 10 min and get no reaction. I can take any of my test caps to my Heathkit IT-28 and get quick results.
Are you indicating that the eye never closes or never opens? Im confused.

Have you measured the voltage applied to the capacitor check terminals during leakage tests at all set voltages and both modes (paper/mica and electrolytic) ?

jr
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:57 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.