Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Solid State CRT Televisions

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #14  
Old 11-29-2015, 01:24 PM
Electronic M's Avatar
Electronic M Electronic M is offline
M is for Memory
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Pewaukee/Delafield Wi
Posts: 15,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamakiri View Post
Well, the mystery is over. Zenith CCII.

The thing was heavily water damaged on the bottom (to the point where the bottom board in the back looked like it came off a shipwreck), the top was heavily scratched/damaged, the front control door missing, and the channel indicator windows were half gone.

It was a pushbutton tuner, that thing on the front that looked like a channel knob, was a sticker. Looked like someone let a preschooler have his/her way all over the front of it, possibly jabbing things at the control panel.

Wasn't worth carrying out of the basement (to me). I left it there. Yeah, might have been decent parts in there, but that was a battle I chose to retreat from.
If it had a delta-gun Zenith Chromacolor Black matrix CRT in it then that alone is a huge loss....They were perhaps the best CRTs ever made.

If that was the case I'd have taken it, saved the CRT chassis and tuner (given away/sold any of that I did not think I'd use, to anyone that might use it), and thrown out the cabinet.

There is only a finite number of parts and parts sets out there....We should save whatever we can.
__________________
Tom C.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4

Last edited by Electronic M; 11-29-2015 at 01:29 PM.
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:54 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.