Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Rectangular Screen Tube Televisions

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #76  
Old 10-30-2015, 12:49 AM
WISCOJIM WISCOJIM is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Grand Chute, Wisconsin
Posts: 2,506
Many Goodwill stores also have their own ebay selling accounts.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111785600186

.
  #77  
Old 10-30-2015, 12:54 AM
WISCOJIM WISCOJIM is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Grand Chute, Wisconsin
Posts: 2,506
https://www.facebook.com/Goodwillncw...80467375423361
  #78  
Old 10-30-2015, 12:55 AM
Eric H's Avatar
Eric H Eric H is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: So. Calif
Posts: 11,565
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainclock View Post
ALL of the Goodwill stores in my area stopped taking TVs of any kind so for my area its a mut point so it really doesn't matter in my case, like I had previously stated several posts back I had asked an employee who worked at the local goodwill store near me if it was ok to haul off a CRT TV that was dumped outside of one of their donation boxes and they said it was fine because they weren't taking TVs anymore so like I said its a mut point right now I don't need people from other states where just because in your state they still supposedly take and sell tvs in them yet telling me that I can't rescue a TV from the goodwill dropbox just because you think it might be considered stealing when in reality what goodwill stores in your state doesn't have any affect on what goodwill stores do in my state so in reality its none of your business what me or other members on here want to do as far as rescuing older TVs and how we want to do it! if it means scrounging for vintage tvs outside of a goodwill dropbox in an area where its known that goodwill isn't taking TVs anymore then so be it! Like I said according to the people at the goodwill themselves they said it was perfectly fine to take a TV from outside of a dropbox since they don't take them anymore!
Relax already, if we want to discuss other stores that DO take the sets that's our business. It's got nothing to do with what you did.
  #79  
Old 10-30-2015, 01:02 AM
Captainclock Captainclock is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Elkhart, Indiana
Posts: 1,189
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric H View Post
Relax already, if we want to discuss other stores that DO take the sets that's our business. It's got nothing to do with what you did.
Actually it does because you're doing it in my thread, if you want to do it, go start your own thread! no thread hi-jacking!
  #80  
Old 10-30-2015, 01:09 AM
Captainclock Captainclock is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Elkhart, Indiana
Posts: 1,189
Quote:
Originally Posted by WISCOJIM View Post
Many Goodwill stores also have their own ebay selling accounts.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111785600186

.
I'm very much aware of that thank you very much mr. obvious!

But that doesn't have anything to do with whether or not they accept CRT or other Analog Technology TVs! It just means that if someone donates an autographed book or autographed Beatles Album or an old radio from the 1940s or an antique oil lamp or some antique furniture that that's where they'll sell those aforementioned items, that's not necessarily where you'll find antique and vintage TV sets because like I said for the most part Goodwill doesn't take CRT TVs or any other type of TVs that are from the analog technology days like Rear Projection TVs or Console TVs or what have you, they don't even take CRT Computer Monitors anymore!

So like I said a hundred times already JUST DROP IT! AND HIGH JACK SOMEONE ELSE'S THREAD!
Audiokarma
  #81  
Old 10-30-2015, 01:23 AM
Eric H's Avatar
Eric H Eric H is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: So. Calif
Posts: 11,565
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainclock View Post
Actually it does because you're doing it in my thread, if you want to do it, go start your own thread! no thread hi-jacking!
You started this thread to ask if it was okay to take a TV left outside the Goodwill Drop Box.
You also stated the Goodwill (across the board) does not accept TV's any more, therefore so you invited comments on this subject, and in fact they do take some TV's in some areas, I feel it's perfectly okay to point this out, you seem to feel it's an attack on you.
  #82  
Old 10-30-2015, 01:41 AM
Captainclock Captainclock is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Elkhart, Indiana
Posts: 1,189
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric H View Post
You started this thread to ask if it was okay to take a TV left outside the Goodwill Drop Box.
You also stated the Goodwill (across the board) does not accept TV's any more, therefore so you invited comments on this subject, and in fact they do take some TV's in some areas, I feel it's perfectly okay to point this out, you seem to feel it's an attack on you.
Because it is, if you haven't noticed some of the comments on this thread and how rude some of them were you would agree with me that some of the comments on here right now are basically just attack comments, I had already gotten the info I wanted and I already did the deed, I already stated that I had asked someone at the local goodwill if it was alright that I had taken the TV and even offered them a $5 donation for it and they said not to worry about it, so what part of that do you guys not understand?! If you guys can't get from my previous postings that I had already found out the information that I needed but still insist on beating the dead horse by continuously posting more and more attack comments then you clearly don't know when to stop and that's when it becomes cyber bullying and that needs to stop!

Last edited by Captainclock; 10-30-2015 at 01:44 AM.
  #83  
Old 10-30-2015, 02:07 AM
Electronic M's Avatar
Electronic M Electronic M is offline
M is for Memory
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Pewaukee/Delafield Wi
Posts: 15,475
It's not cyber bullying to point out exceptions to a statement that is not entirely true....It is a courtesy to others reading this thread that may be affected by the accuracy of the information in it.

If any correction of any incorrect information you post counts as cyber bullying to you, then to stop it you are either going to have to study like hell for a few decades to never be wrong/less informed than all other VK'ers, or ask us to keep our knowledge to ourselves and let you wallow in your misconceptions.....Developing thicker skin is another option.
__________________
Tom C.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
  #84  
Old 10-30-2015, 09:10 AM
Captainclock Captainclock is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Elkhart, Indiana
Posts: 1,189
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
It's not cyber bullying to point out exceptions to a statement that is not entirely true....It is a courtesy to others reading this thread that may be affected by the accuracy of the information in it.

If any correction of any incorrect information you post counts as cyber bullying to you, then to stop it you are either going to have to study like hell for a few decades to never be wrong/less informed than all other VK'ers, or ask us to keep our knowledge to ourselves and let you wallow in your misconceptions.....Developing thicker skin is another option.
I wasn't referring to when people were pointing out supposed exceptions I got it that there were still goodwills taking TVs in other states (although they're breaking company protocol by doing so) but when they were telling me that I was theif and saying stuff like "what makes you think you're more entitled to have that TV than anyone else?" that's when they were crossing the line into bullying because I had already pointed out the fact that in my area (not theirs) that goodwill wasn't taking TVs anymore so I didn't think goodwill was going to care that much because it was just going to be recycled anyhow and even after I had confirmed that fact you guys were still bugging me about that which is why I called it cyber bullying because you guys kept pushing the subject and were trying to guilt trip me and what not even though I didn't do anything wrong, I even had the backing of several members on here who also agreed with me about the fact that since the goodwill wasn't taking TVs anymore then they probably wouldn't care if a TV was hauled off from outside of their dropbox area because then they wouldn't have to deal with disposing of it themselves.

I'll just say it one last time, If you think that your local goodwill is still taking tvs yet (which they technically shouldn't be) then you shouldn't take the TVs from the dropbox area, but if you know they aren't taking them (which is what they should be doing) then by all means go right ahead and take that TV because like I said before they don't care if you haul it off or not because its one less thing they have to dispose of.
Hopefully you'll leave me alone now on this subject, now that I have cleared the air once and for all!
  #85  
Old 10-30-2015, 10:34 AM
wa2ise's Avatar
wa2ise wa2ise is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: USA
Posts: 3,147
Compared to the ethical standards used in the boardrooms of major corporations and governments, the ethics of what we're discussing in this thread is miles above.
__________________
Audiokarma
  #86  
Old 10-30-2015, 04:32 PM
Sandy G's Avatar
Sandy G Sandy G is offline
Spiteful Old Cuss
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Rogersville, Tennessee
Posts: 9,571
Yeah, guys, come on ! We're all "Friends" here, no need to get all "Pissy" & "Butthurt"... Prolly BEST to at least ASK about a TV that has that "About to get "Shit-Canned" look to it, I'd think MOST people would be GLAD to get out from under the responsibility of hauling one to the Dump, or wherever...
__________________
Benevolent Despot
  #87  
Old 10-30-2015, 06:50 PM
AUdubon5425's Avatar
AUdubon5425 AUdubon5425 is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Picayune, Miss.
Posts: 1,769
I stopped at my local Goodwill this evening and talked with the women. Sadly, 'tis true what you said. Someone smuggled seventeen television sets into the store and even took the time to hook them to a dtv box and even glue six price tags to each set (that's 102 stickers they lost to this scoundrel.) The manager informed me the Goodwill hazmat team should be arriving from New Jersey on Monday to remove the sets and decontaminate the back wall. Truly a sad affair...
__________________
AUdubon5425 Youtube Channel
  #88  
Old 10-30-2015, 08:57 PM
Captainclock Captainclock is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Elkhart, Indiana
Posts: 1,189
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUdubon5425 View Post
I stopped at my local Goodwill this evening and talked with the women. Sadly, 'tis true what you said. Someone smuggled seventeen television sets into the store and even took the time to hook them to a dtv box and even glue six price tags to each set (that's 102 stickers they lost to this scoundrel.) The manager informed me the Goodwill hazmat team should be arriving from New Jersey on Monday to remove the sets and decontaminate the back wall. Truly a sad affair...
......
  #89  
Old 10-30-2015, 09:11 PM
rca2000's Avatar
rca2000 rca2000 is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: cincinnati,ohio
Posts: 2,090
Hazmat my ASS !!!!!!!!!!!

If ONLY...people in this country KNEW what they were TALKING ABOUT !! Instead...they listen to PAID RHETORIC--and THEN ACT on it...hurting EVERYONE !!


I just replaced a MERCURY CONTACTOR for a commercial fryer. I am SURE_-the OLD ONE_-which was "hanging up" and allowing the fryer to run-away and overheat--till the safety limit tripped. I am SURE the old one , which is FULL of mercury.....will be tossed in the TRASH !!That contactor likely contained 20 TIMES the amount of mercury--of ANY CFL bulb !! But ...they go NUTS--if one of them is broken...
  #90  
Old 10-30-2015, 10:11 PM
Captainclock Captainclock is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Elkhart, Indiana
Posts: 1,189
Quote:
Originally Posted by rca2000 View Post
Hazmat my ASS !!!!!!!!!!!

If ONLY...people in this country KNEW what they were TALKING ABOUT !! Instead...they listen to PAID RHETORIC--and THEN ACT on it...hurting EVERYONE !!


I just replaced a MERCURY CONTACTOR for a commercial fryer. I am SURE_-the OLD ONE_-which was "hanging up" and allowing the fryer to run-away and overheat--till the safety limit tripped. I am SURE the old one , which is FULL of mercury.....will be tossed in the TRASH !!That contactor likely contained 20 TIMES the amount of mercury--of ANY CFL bulb !! But ...they go NUTS--if one of them is broken...
Interestingly enough your common blood pressure checker that your doctors use still use mercury in them (its acually the most accurate way to measure your blood pressure since its actually measured in Milimeters of Mercury (mm/Hg)) and then there are some instances that mercury is still used in thermometers yet (like some medical facilities and labratories use mercury filled glass thermometers yet) so there are still practical uses for mercury yet and in reality mercury can't kill you or poison you unless you ingest large commodoties of it, which most thermometers or blood pressure checkers don't even contain enough mercury in them to poison you, let alone kill you! So really I tend to agree with you there.

Last edited by Eric H; 10-30-2015 at 10:42 PM. Reason: Edited for politics
Audiokarma
Closed Thread



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:05 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.