Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Television Broadcast Gear

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #7  
Old 10-22-2015, 06:14 PM
Electronic M's Avatar
Electronic M Electronic M is offline
M is for Memory
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Pewaukee/Delafield Wi
Posts: 15,479
There are weak agile modulators capable of 4 channels simultaneously....That is the most I've heard of one box being capable of. Most areas don't have many VHF channels, but the UHF channels are usually congested from 13 up to 55 (you need a DTV box, like Zenith models, that shows the REAL carrier channel of the station to check your area). TVs prior to '64 only had UHF if that optional feature was ordered so if you buy earlier sets UHF will not be convenient.

Honestly how many channels do you regularly watch? I can maybe come up with 4-5 max. I prefer to have multiple modulators so my sets can run 2-4 shows at once, but my feed to them is a set of VCRs/DVRs/DVD-Rs that tune my cable feed.....That way I can use their remotes for tuning.

If you have a local cable provider that still offers analog cable (such as TWC's Milwaukee branch) that may be a solution (though the days of that are numbered). Cable channels 2-13 correspond directly with VHF channels, and SOME upper cable channels are in the UHF band......Most of the cable stations on such channels here are ones I have no interest in so I use modern stuff to convert what I do watch to a better channel.
__________________
Tom C.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:39 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.