Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Rectangular Screen Tube Televisions

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #27  
Old 09-14-2015, 03:26 PM
drh4683's Avatar
drh4683 drh4683 is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 2,094
What works great is UHU brand glue stick, which is a German made product. I used to use liquid glues and evenly spread it behind the (larger) labels, but that often led to the glue over saturating the paper causing it to wrinkle and/or tear easily when trying to position it. Glue stick is just the right density, doesn't absorb into the paper like other liquid or paste glues, yet adheres very well to all surfaces and has lasted years in many cases with no issues. I use it for all labels that have completely separated where I can turn the label over on a table and apply the glue. In situations where a label is only partly detached but still adhered enough to where you don't want to risk tearing it by completely removing it for re-glue, then I use Aleen's Tacky glue. I put a little bit on a toothpick and gently get it under the label and then use something to weight the label down in case it wants to peel back when it's trying to cure.
__________________
I tolerate the present by living in the past...
To see drh4683's photo page, click here
To see drh4683's youtube page, click here

Last edited by drh4683; 09-14-2015 at 03:33 PM.
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:02 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.