Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Rectangular Screen Tube Televisions

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #25  
Old 10-18-2014, 06:17 AM
Gunslinger Gunslinger is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: west central florida
Posts: 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxhifi View Post
After watching the tv all year decided to give it some attention. I adjusted purity, convergence, and grey scale. Then I adjusted linearity and pin cushion. Man, does it ever make a nice picture now! I also replaced the nuvistor in the tuner,
which sharpened up the picture a lot. Only problem is the vertical position seems low (I.e. The black bar on the bottom of a 16x9 picture is narrower than the top bar when size and linearity are correct) and I have no clue how to adjust it. It's still got a bit of a wave as it did before, but I haven't changed any electrolytic capacitors yet. It's almost unbelievable how good the colour is now, it looks better than a lot of newer CRT televisions.

Also another question - an ideas what the blue knob just in front of the purity rings is for? (See pic)
Blue knob is blue lateral adjustment. CTC 38's had transistors in the IF stage go bad. They are 4 legged; ECG 161 was listed as replacement but were not a good choice if I remember correctly. The inverter transistors failed also. You will need #124754 and 124753 for OEM parts. I probably still have them. I hve never had to replace a nuvistor tube in a RCA tuner ever.
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:31 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.