Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #27  
Old 07-20-2014, 09:37 PM
Electronic M's Avatar
Electronic M Electronic M is offline
M is for Memory
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Pewaukee/Delafield Wi
Posts: 15,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtvmcdonald View Post
That's not the most amazing thing ... what I find amazing is that
we had worldwide digital audio in 1944!!!

I was at one of the very first public demos of digital audio by Bell Labs
in 1962 ... and never dreamed that it was then older than I was.

Doug McDonald
Worldwide in 44? You got more info on that?

I watched a news piece on the anniversary of the Apollo mission today on my newly acquired late 60's Setchell Carlson Class room TV/monitor. I'd guess it has not been worked on in a long time yet it still works like new.
__________________
Tom C.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:54 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.