Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #11  
Old 06-26-2014, 01:11 PM
Kamakiri's Avatar
Kamakiri Kamakiri is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Buffalo, New York
Posts: 5,109
Yep, that was it

Had the chassis on the bench, so on my lunch break I jumpered the connection, and used the variac to power it up.

It's sure an improvement from where I was when I had a picture last, but it's still not right. Contrast control does nothing, and neither does width. I can get it wider, but then I have to max out the horizontal drive and the whole picture darkens up in the center. Focuses fine. Not very bright, but I did notice that the picture is getting better just with tweaking and use, as everything is beginning to "wake up".

Getting there, getting there . Think it's time to re-test tubes before I go further. One candohm was working but was out of spec, so I'll place that on my next Mouser order.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_4371.jpg (29.0 KB, 32 views)
__________________
"Restoring a tube TV is like going to war. A color one is like a land war in Asia."
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:24 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.