Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Rectangular Screen Tube Televisions

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #3  
Old 05-22-2014, 09:43 AM
DaveWM DaveWM is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Orlando FL
Posts: 5,607
B&W has magnets in the yoke, color uses active circuits. Assuming its a BW set I would look for magnets in the yoke that may have fallen out or become weak.

It does not look that bad, back in the day you did not have black bars on top and bottom for wide screen format to show minor defects like this. (I was looking for classic pin cushion defect this is opposite of what you would expect, like too much pincushion correction).

after looking again I think I see what the prob is the bottom looks a tad pulled in on the right. If it was a color set I would look to see if there is a connection from the screen of the horz out to the vert, this was how some zeniths corrected pin cushion but again only on a color set. the pic is in BW so I assume its BW, pin cushion effect should be the opposite.

check B+ and try new horz sweep tubes.

Last edited by DaveWM; 05-22-2014 at 09:50 AM.
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:13 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.