Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Diagnostic & Test Equipment

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #11  
Old 05-08-2014, 06:27 AM
NoPegs's Avatar
NoPegs NoPegs is offline
The glass is -3dB.
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Amish Country PA.
Posts: 376
Quote:
Originally Posted by drdave3 View Post
Hey, thanks for posting this. I have one without a case- anybody have one?- and in shambles. This helps with values on components.
It's just a wooden box with some fancy two-piece hinges, a latch, and a handle. I don't think I could spend more than about $50 building one out of something exotic like genuine solid hardwood and vintage hardware from the internet.


You're in the best possible situation to have the internals but no box, versus somebody out there who probably has the box and most of the internals save one unobtainable part...


If you're still looking for boxes once mine arrives, I'll take a look at the construction and consult with my better half as to what wood it's made of and how hard it is to duplicate it, but I bet I could ship you the pieces IKEA style and you'd just have to lash it up with some wood-glue and screws. Eyeballing photos I'm sure we could make one out of plain old pine for a few bucks, or something less "pauper's coffin" for $25-40 or so.

Yes, the girlfriend does most of the woodworking in the relationship. It seems to work just fine that way...
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:04 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.