Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Solid State CRT Televisions

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #15  
Old 05-15-2013, 11:05 AM
zeno's Avatar
zeno zeno is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 4,918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ampkat View Post
I removed T-605 and put a small 10 VAC voltage on the primaries and it blew my 8 amp variac fuse. Do you think it's bad or is my transformer test not a valid one ? All of the trannys I use operate the same way is there something I'm missing.

Pulled D648 and it won't give me a diode drop like it's open I'm reading 3.8M on ohms reading so It's not shorted but could be bad ?
Good idea BUT switchers run at high freq so if you use at 60hz
it sees a dead short. See if it works with D648 out.
I understand SMPS' are difficult when you have done tube audio. It
was always the hardest thing for me to fix. Some have a wicked high
parts count & near imposable to understand. Add to that Sony is
the only one doing it this way & every one I fixed was an obvious
fix.

You may consider joining repairworld.com. They cover everything
and may help you in your regular work also. Thousands of tips
catagorized by make/model. Also you can post problems.
A few tips will pay for it fast. Dont forget to search similar
models.........

73 Zeno
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:02 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.