Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Transistor Radio

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #3  
Old 06-04-2012, 06:51 AM
compucat's Avatar
compucat compucat is offline
1949 Motorola 9VT1
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Suffolk, VA
Posts: 970
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseljeep View Post
I have two of those things I have to work on. One has the problem you are refering to. The newer one has the varactor type front end. It acts real strange, when tuning across the dial.
It seems funny that the AM band is the only one that is a problem. The AM band is the one that sets this radio apart, from the rest of them.
This is the only radio I have had where a transistor has failed. Usually the only problems I have with portable radios are scratchy controls. I cleaned the set with some Novus 1 and put it on Ebay. Someone grabbed it up within the first hour. People love these radios. I almost wish I had another one to fix up and sell.
__________________
Just look at those channels whiz on by. - Fred Sanford
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:06 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.