Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #10  
Old 01-05-2012, 08:22 PM
John Folsom's Avatar
John Folsom John Folsom is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Melbourne Florida
Posts: 932
I will simply add that operating the flyback at elevated voltage levels increases the chances of flyback failure. I have no science to quantify the risk, so if you are happy so be it. I expect there is a very modest radiation risk, you should at least keep the HV cover on (shielding the 6BK4). There is probably some potential risk for a CRT internal arc over, but once again, if you are happy with the risk, so am I. As I said, I just wanted to express my concerns, and after that, it is not my problem to worry about. Have fun!
__________________
John Folsom
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:58 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.