Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Television Broadcast Gear

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #9  
Old 12-16-2011, 10:59 PM
bgadow's Avatar
bgadow bgadow is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Federalsburg, MD
Posts: 5,865
I had often wondered if they had such redundancy at the network level. I do recall seeing some extended dead air on primetime network TV; at least a couple times on ABC back in the mid/late 80s. It seemed pretty obvious that it wasn't a local issue.

I sure remember all the technical difficulties that WTTG-5 in DC had running the old cartoons I loved to watch every day as a kid. Of course, I kinda enjoyed those myself. I always pictured that announcer standing by the mic all day, ready to jump on the air at a moments notice to state, "we are experiencing technical difficulties...please stand by." I wonder what kind of equipment that former DuMont-owned station was using in the 70s?

During station breaks the network would show (still do, I guess) their logo and the locals would insert their i.d. at the bottom. On several occasions I saw the WCBS-2 logo show up on the whole network. Another neat thing was to see the WBAL-11 logo show up on local WBOC-16. I know that they used to get network feeds over-the-air from other stations. I suppose in that case they either had to quickly throw up their own slide instead of the network version, or otherwise cover up that other stations logo somehow.
__________________
Bryan

Last edited by bgadow; 12-16-2011 at 11:00 PM. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:45 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.