Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #11  
Old 11-17-2011, 08:38 PM
Penthode's Avatar
Penthode Penthode is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Kitchener/Waterloo Ontario Canada
Posts: 1,463
I used to live in Arizona and I never thought of Globe as a hick town! I do remember the copper mine!

And I never knew that Arizona used to have 25Hz power! This is very interesting information: I wonder besides canada and Arizona where else was 25Hz?

I wrote the guy selling the TV in Toronto and he sent some more pictures. The transformer mounting seems odd mounted on what appers to be a wood slab. However it does look original.

Note that the note refers to "Her Majesty". That means Elizabeth II was on the throne. My TV is a bit older and says "His Majesty" (George VI, her father). George VI died in February 1952 hence the set must have been made after then.

I wonder when the licence notice was dropped from Canadian TV's?

Here are the pictures so you can see for yourselves.

Last edited by Penthode; 05-18-2026 at 09:22 AM.
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:03 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.