Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Vintage TV & Radio Tech Forum

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #5  
Old 10-01-2011, 02:20 PM
venivdvici's Avatar
venivdvici venivdvici is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: New England
Posts: 67
Smile

Wow. That's great. Perfect! Now I just need to make sure the battery-operated
radio and teevee get reception underground in a bomb shelter. In my story, there won't be an atomic incident. They'll just be underground.

You know what would work for my story? The small bunker is accessed from a ground trap door and you need to climb down a metal ladder. If something heavy was on the trap door, the people inside couldn't get out. If the portable teevee/radio could be made to explode up by the door, thereby opening it, without harming the people inside down below, that would help my story. I know that's not likely. If it depends on having some other stuff in the bomb shelter, I can arrange that. I can always use something like dynamite (I think), but it would be cooler if the portable teevee or radio did it.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
There was battery operated TVs in 61'. The first genuine portable was mabe by philco in 1959 more info on it can be found here http://www.earlytelevision.org/philco_safari.html Other companies may have gotten into the batery operated portable game soon after. I know Sony entered that game at least as far back 1964 because I have one from that year, and from reasearching it I learned it was the smallest production TV set in the world up to that time (which blew me away as it was a childhood impulse buy long before I collected TVs).
__________________
"You just wouldn't believe how much trouble it is to dispose of a dead elephant."--Joan Crawford, Flamingo Road
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:44 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.