Quote:
Originally Posted by wa2ise
We had film strips with associated records in my high school, class of 72.
Sometimes in the auditorium the guidance dept would show us some film strip on how to select colleges and pitfalls to avoid. The records would have a beep tone telling the kid operating the film strip projector when to go to the next picture. Well, some of us kids could make a good replica of that beep tone, to get the kid to advance the film strip early. And have the presentation, as recorded on the record, run out of pictures before it was finished. 
|
My school district was so poor, we were still using the beep-records and slide projectors... but I graduated in 1996! Thanks for bringing that up though, I had forgotten about those. I remember the old portable wood-box record player with the 6x9 speaker in the front.
We did have the standard "AV Cart"- a 70s-era color TV and a top-loader VCR too, for when we wanted to watch "modern" films, heh.