Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Rectangular Screen Tube Televisions

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #5  
Old 04-15-2011, 11:48 PM
mwplefty's Avatar
mwplefty mwplefty is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Lake County, IL
Posts: 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgadow View Post
Like with most things, if you know the right people, maybe an exception could be made-but you might have to really know them well. I mean, if you were best friends with the manager of the BB, surely he'd let you sneak that flat chassis Zenith out the back door, right?

I've talked with the guy in charge of the recycling program for the local tri-county area. He was receptive to me helping, and said he forwarded my name to the company they use, but nothing has ever come of it. I had been taking all of my junk across the state line to DE where some of the recycling centers had shipping containers where you could leave electronics. They were just out in the open, always wide open. I never did find anything real decent to take from there, aside from a cigar box full of used audio tubes. I guess the system was being abused because the last time I drove over there the container had been moved to behind a locked fence inside the garbage collection site. Not a resident, so I can't weasel my way in there.
The biggest issue is that many people are misinformed in this throw-away society what to do with their perfectly functioning old TV that they don't want anymore. There is a flea market right down the street from that Best Buy, yet most people are NEVER advised to try and sell it there. They also aren't encouraged to sell their vintage sets at Goodwill either. It's rather unfortunate.
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:39 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.