Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #3  
Old 04-09-2011, 01:01 AM
charokeeroad's Avatar
charokeeroad charokeeroad is offline
John Q
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Southern California, IE
Posts: 644
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandersen View Post
It's not - he's nuts Here's a thread discussing this parted out set.
Check out his other auctions http://shop.ebay.com/tolefreeitems/m...id=p4340.l2562

I have several original shipping boxes for 10BP4s. They had the crt pointing face (heavy) side up with cardboard bracing to support it.
I have a 19AP4B that I would part with but haven't offered it for sale because I think these metal glass tubes are too fragile to ship unless extreme packing is involved like completely incaseing it in expanding foam.


Here's what I think might work..

first completely inclosing the tube in a big plastic bag like a giant grabage bag. This will keep the foam from getting into the small joints. Then test fit it in a box that's at least 3 inches clearence on all sides.

Next put in some expanding foam in the bottom of the box and as it's expanding put the CRT in and let the foam start coming up around the sides of the CRT. After that foam is done expanding then put in more foam and let it fill in the rest of the box.

Seal the box like normal. In so doing the glass plastic seals would never be put under stress. I don't think the foam would add that much weight and would almost guarentee a safe delivery.

That's not to say the the filament couldn't be damaged in the shipping process but at least the metal glass seal would be protected. I don't think a second box would be necessary.

The buyer would just brake off the foam and retreive the CRT. Has anybody tried this and if so how did it work out
Also I think there as different kinds of foam and I'm not sure which one would work best.
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:21 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.