Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #15  
Old 03-22-2011, 12:23 PM
bandersen's Avatar
bandersen bandersen is offline
RCA 741PCS
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 8,826
Quote:
Originally Posted by charokeeroad View Post
I've had some good luck restoring a Motorola 9VT1 cabinet recently so I may venture off into restoring this Admiral cabinet. If and when I think I will use the DIY kit that's for sale on . The seller sent me a few samples of the finishes with qualifiers that I will no doubt need more opacity. He's right the wheat sample he sent me doesn't match exactly. It needs more opacity. but he guarentees me that he has a very detailed procedure as to how to get the right finish. I think I'm game. the kit is around 45 bucks.. john
Were you trying to link to Heywood Wakefield stain ?

I thought about it too, but it looks to me like it obscures the grain too much. Not really the same as the original limed oak finish.

What would you do about the decals if you refinish it ?
__________________
Here are my Vintage Radio & TV YouTube Channel and Photo Gallery
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:53 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.