Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Introductions

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #13  
Old 03-11-2011, 09:32 PM
mt999999 mt999999 is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: East Livepool, OH
Posts: 10
The box I was calling the power supply box has warnings about a fragile glass picture tube all over it. I opened it up and I guess the tube inside is the picture tube. There is a sort of capacitor with an odd orange plastic-like ring around it. Some of it appeared to have melted and driped onto the metal cage below. The horizontal output tube is connected to the capacitor-thing inside, as well as the large tube in the center. The picture tube as well as the capacitor-thing are in a metal cage-box (power supply box -- as I was calling it). Can someone give me some insight on this? This is the box that appeared to be smoking. I'd also like to add that the picture on the screen was blinking while the set was smoking. Is this a whole different problem? Thanks!
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:20 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.