Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #10  
Old 11-24-2010, 04:33 PM
Tubejunke's Avatar
Tubejunke Tubejunke is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Martinsville, VA
Posts: 1,823
[QUOTE=Eric H;2987875]It's been a while since your original post, I couldn't find it, if you can find it and link it it would be helpful.QUOTE]

Hey Phil, I looked too and found no pictures. Maybe I posted pics on AudioKarma before the split. Anyway, you mentioned cut and dry symptoms so I decided to re-list them to avoid confusion:

1. No vertical sweep. Turning the LIN and Height controls way out of range will get maybe one inch of sweep.

2. Volume adjustable hum for sound with no evidence of signal presence.

3. Open coil that I am not sure how to identify. Black rubbery coating with a green dot on the side. Around 3/4" in length by maybe 3/16" diameter. I am pretty sure it is in the video section and it is mostly hidden inside one of the coil cans. I have a schematic coming and I can be more specific concerning location. It seems like I saw a schematic once before and no part# was given for the coil; only a resistance value.

This is the way the set was when I got it AND after replacing all of the capacitors except ceramic discs. I wish I had an LCR (?) meter! I have DVOM's with capacity function, but I am told that they are not accurate.

Right now, I am primarily focused on getting the sweep and finding out what the constant hum is about. Since they are both such persistent symptoms I figure that somehow they might be the same problem.
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:49 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.