Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #7  
Old 09-05-2010, 05:00 PM
Bill Cahill's Avatar
Bill Cahill Bill Cahill is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: St. Petersburg, Fl.
Posts: 1,298
Smile

I don't know. That tuner looks original to me.
I think it may be a company upgrade.
Looks like a military style set from the late 40's. I suspect it worked.
It would have to be re built now. Atleast electrolytics, and, the loose paper caps.
I love the wiring. Looks so Dumont!
I saw that set yesterday on eaby. Neat set. Wish it was mine.
I think it should be saved, and, restored.
On your Zenith. Maybe you could talk to the other guy who did a retro in ARF, and, retrofit another flyback to your Zenith.
I wouldn't wreck this rare set for that.
Neat piece of American history.
Is that a 10FP4 alum. pix tube it has?
Bill Cahill
__________________
"Tubes are those little glass things that light up orange unless there is a short.. Then they light up all pretty colors..."
Please join my forum.
http://www.tuberadioforum.com/
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:54 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.