Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #3  
Old 08-21-2010, 01:20 AM
Tom Albrecht's Avatar
Tom Albrecht Tom Albrecht is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 683
I'm guessing that one has been refinished with clear finish after stripping the original dark mahogany stain. Or did they have a lighter version? Mine actually looks a little like this one, and I've always assumed it was refinished by a previous owner. Someday I'll refinish mine to put it back to the original color, although I have to admit it probably looks better to the modern eye with the lighter finish.

As I look at the pictures more closely, given the poor condition of the finish, it seems it might be original. Might have to research a bit to see if I can find any evidence of the lighter color being available originally.

Picture of mine here: http://www.radiomuseum.org/r/philco_48_2500.html and here at the bottom of the article: http://www.radiomuseum.org/forum/pro...sion_sets.html .

These are indeed unique sets.

Last edited by Tom Albrecht; 08-21-2010 at 01:30 AM.
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:54 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.