Quote:
Originally Posted by ihmeyers
The owner demonstrated it for me at his house and it had a really strong picture and the colors looked good. When I got it delivered yesterday I notice the greyscale was way off (much too blue).
|
I would find it difficult to believe that the blue gun of the CRT went bad in such a short period of time...It looks to me like there is a circuit problem with the blue gun drive circuit or related power supplies that causes the response to have a long "hang time" or slow "fall-time". Rise-time looks ok, as the leading edges of the picture look sharp, but it appears that once the blue is turned on, it is slow to turn off. Do you have a 'scope?
Agree, this is not a convergence problem. I am guessing that a resistor or capacitor in the blue drive circuit broke or shook loose on the way home.
jr