Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Rectangular Screen Tube Televisions

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #19  
Old 07-14-2010, 01:53 AM
YamahaFreak's Avatar
YamahaFreak YamahaFreak is offline
<-- CSXT 6038, EMD GP40-2
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: TOO sunny Florida, USA
Posts: 580
Slightly off-topic

I rescued a little 13-inch Craig color set today. I was at Goodwill, messing around with a (mostly) BPC Denon receiver and some cheap Kenwood speakers. Nearby was a neat row of three CRT computer monitors, with the Craig set at the far right. I was walking around the store later and passed by the open employee-only entrance, and saw said monitors, all three of them, tossed into a crate, to be then tossed into a dumpster out back. I then noticed a staff member going for the 13-inch set, so I quickly grabbed it and asked if I could buy it. ($6.99, the price was still on it) Apparently, these four CRTs had been out on the floor for almost three weeks without selling, so staff figured they should just put them out to pasture. I really didn't need another TV set, but I really couldn't bear to see this little guy tossed on his head in a dumpster!

I got it home, and, not surprisingly, it works fine, has great color for its lineage and age. (1992) It's pretty grubby and will need a good cleaning, but that's not a big deal, now is it? Better sitting around here than in pieces in a landfill.

Photo, pre-cleaning:



I just thought this was relevant to the CRT's plight, even though I went off on a tangent again. Here, now you all get a cookie.
__________________
Sony Trinitron Fan

Last edited by YamahaFreak; 07-14-2010 at 03:49 AM.
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:53 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.