![]() |
|
#31
|
||||
|
||||
|
All triplers that I've seen came with the anode wire and many came with a new anode connector.
Speaking of discharging HV, you'd cringe if you saw what a friend of mine used to do regarding capacitors. Heck, I cringed! If he suspected a bad cap, lets say in the power supply or vertical circuit, he'd flip over the chassis, power up the set, grab some odd value cap and attach some test leads to it, and start jumping caps while the set was on. Usually, a loud SNAP and some heavy sparks would take place when he'd junp the test cap across the one in circuit. This is especially true of the high value and/or high voltage caps. More than a few times, I've seen him kill a TV by engaging in this practice. Usually due to a slip of the test probe or using the wrong value cap as the test cap. I always either connected the test cap with the set off or I simply tested all caps with the correct test equipment. I never have been a fan of bridging electrolytics in a live circuit. |
|
#32
|
|||
|
|||
|
Well I had the TV on long enough to adjust the vertical size and centering. I heard no popping noises. I think the transistors on the vertical module were replaced. The heat dope pads under them look brand new. I can tell because they extend from the transistors by a millimeter or two.
|
|
#33
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
Me, I was raised on solid state sets, and the ESR meter proved itself with me. Quicker - and the set was unplugged! Cheers,
__________________
Brian USN RET 22YRS (Avionics/Cal) CET-Consumer Repair and Avionics ('88) "Capacitor Cosmetologist since '79" When fuses go to work, they quit! |
|
#34
|
|||
|
|||
|
Is there any way to adjust the horizontal width on this set? I got the vertical height and centering adjusted, but there's too much horizontal width now, making people look squashed. I could increase the vertical height to correct the distortion, but then it looks too zoomed in.
With 500 other controls from everything to convergence to AGC and crosstalk, I imagine there's got to be a horizontal width control somewhere on this thing. |
|
#35
|
|||
|
|||
|
Hm, nope, the horizontal module has no width control. Oh well, I fixed the distortion by readjusting the vertical. It actually doesn't overscan that much so I guess I'll live with it.
|
| Audiokarma |
|
#36
|
|||
|
|||
|
---
Last edited by andy; 12-08-2021 at 04:34 PM. |
|
#37
|
|||
|
|||
|
Quote:
Well an update. Much less popping noises from the TV now. Just heard one after the set being on for 20 minutes. Um, Convergence is probably as good as I'm gonna get. My guess is I'd be crazy to try for perfect convergence. I guess all that's left to do now is enjoy it. |
![]() |
|
|