Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Rectangular Screen Tube Televisions

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #11  
Old 01-08-2010, 09:56 AM
kx250rider's Avatar
kx250rider kx250rider is offline
REAL TVs have TUBES!
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles & Dallas
Posts: 3,239
Quote:
Originally Posted by peverett View Post
As mentioned above, Radio Shack does still have the Digital Stream. However, if you get desperate, buy a DVD player with tuner(Fry's here has these) and connect the composite video/sound output to an RF converter box(Walmart here still carries these).
I might go that way... I did find some ATSC boxes with HDMI outputs in full 1080i, but they're $250++. For that, Costco has a Panasonic DVD recorder with ATSC tuner. Not sure if it has HDMI output, but I can't imagine not. But I wouldn't be surprised if the tuner quality HD is dumbed down to prevent digital HD TV show copying.

Charles
__________________
Collecting & restoring TVs in Los Angeles since age 10
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:48 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.