Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #25  
Old 01-04-2010, 02:26 PM
jr_tech's Avatar
jr_tech jr_tech is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,573
If re-caping the entire set seems like a huge project, you might consider just doing the vertical circuit first (likely not more than 6-10 caps) then bring the set up on the variac and see where to go from there. You may develop some "troubleshooting" skills, by observing the operation of various circuits.

For grins, last night I powered up (on a variac) an early 50s 16 inch Philco that had not been turned on in over 20 years. I appears to have a vertical sweep problem similar to the one you describe. I intend to replace about 8 caps in the vertical section first (assuming that tube substitution does not fix the problem) and see where that takes me. Since I do not intend for this set to be a "daily driver", I will replace enough parts to produce a stable picture, and not "shotgun" the entire set.

jr
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN0593.jpg (63.2 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0590.jpg (48.5 KB, 34 views)

Last edited by jr_tech; 01-04-2010 at 03:22 PM. Reason: pix of '51 Philco
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:02 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.