Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #12  
Old 11-07-2009, 09:49 PM
jeyurkon's Avatar
jeyurkon jeyurkon is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central Michigan
Posts: 1,699
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Roper View Post
This is one of the sets that uses a 6AG7 for audio output, right? That has always kind of intrigued me. 6AG7 is a prewar-era video amplifier that was utilized more in broadcast applications than in consumer sets. It also found use in some ham gear. But a Zenith TV set is the only place I've seen it used in place of a 6V6 or other ordinary power tube for audio output.
I didn't look at the tube chart before I put it away, but I assume you're correct. That does seem like an unusual use for it. I see the class A1 power output for that tube is about 3 watts.

I'm a little ticked at samswebsite right now. I purchased two e-files that were supposed to be for the Zenith G3276Z and one turned out to be for a Sparton radio and the other for a Teletone television. I had hoped to check out the 6AG7 circuit, among other things.

John
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:49 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.