Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Rectangular Screen Tube Televisions

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #23  
Old 08-06-2009, 07:58 PM
DaveWM DaveWM is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Orlando FL
Posts: 5,607
indeed i have noticed it is getting better, even the vert height has improved with use.

Refinishing

I got another stain, this one seem a little darker and thinner (minwax oil based dark walnut). I think I will get what I want with a few more applications. This is on the top trim.

the sliding top doors are another story. I put on the chem stripper to get the old finish off, this time though its not a toned finish, the wood remains dark after stripping.

I then hit it with some 120 grit in an orbital sander to get the deep scratches out. Finished up sanding with some 320 grit. The tops are solid, about 3/8 thick.

They clean up very very well. I put some sanding sealer on it and the grain really pops and has a beautiful rich color. No staining needed here.

I will just use an oil finish and later a paste wax.

I can then final stain the trim to get as good a match as possible to the finished sliding top doors.

Its really coming along nicely. I figure it will take up residence in the house in about a week. I will get some pics when it is all done. I am feeling pretty good about it.
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:44 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.