Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #23  
Old 07-12-2009, 12:11 AM
dobulee's Avatar
dobulee dobulee is offline
Electrical Engineer
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Lancaster, PA
Posts: 52
For what it's worth, I came up w/ a way to align the horizontal oscillator frequency without yet having any NTSC sync pulses from the detector stage to use:

I used my computer soundcard to output a 15734Hz sine wave (went for the color standard, not sure why), and used this to trigger my scope. Then I brought in the horizontal on the 2nd channel, and turned the slug until it synchronized. After that, I adjusted the sine wave slug for equal peaks as shown in Sams. However, I ran out of adjustment just before the peaks equalized. At least it's stable now.

Have a little bit of faith in me, here, Bill!

The blanket statement immediately lets you know what I have and have not checked. I haven't gotten to everything yet.

Plate, Cathode, screen and grid of audio amp and audio output - Yes. Checked. These all shared tie points with new film caps and were measured.

The same is not true of resistors in the tuner and IF sections, because I haven't had anything out of circuit there yet. All in due time, but thanks for pointing me to keep looking there.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN0159.jpg (59.9 KB, 28 views)
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:06 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.