Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Rectangular Screen Tube Televisions

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #46  
Old 06-20-2009, 03:27 PM
truetone36's Avatar
truetone36 truetone36 is offline
electronics packrat
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Trumann, AR.
Posts: 942
I picked up a '83 G.E. 19" table set and a '90 Zenith System 3 25" console w/stereo sound and the original remote last night. Both sets work perfectly. My wife said she'd like me to put the Zenith in the living room.
__________________
Dumont-First with the finest in television.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 06-22-2009, 03:25 PM
Trance88's Avatar
Trance88 Trance88 is offline
I need more vintage!!
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan
Posts: 229
Not exactly on the curb but damn, here's a really nice looking old console near where I live. Anyone know what it is? Too bad I'm up north for 2 months!!

http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/ele/1234215716.html
__________________
My top vintage finds:
'78 Technics SA-200 Stereo Receiver
'84 MC-600 speakers

Last edited by Trance88; 06-22-2009 at 03:30 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 06-22-2009, 03:49 PM
radiotvnut's Avatar
radiotvnut radiotvnut is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Meridian, MS
Posts: 6,025
I'll bet it's either a mid '70's Admiral or Quasar.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 06-22-2009, 05:00 PM
peverett peverett is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 883
Just saw a video on MSNBC.com about analog TVs ending up in national forests in Washington state. Some are even being used for target practice, greatly magnifying the pollution effects from the TV.

According to the video, this is happening even though free TV recycling is available. Some people are just morons.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 06-22-2009, 05:15 PM
thisOne's Avatar
thisOne thisOne is offline
Listen...
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Central NJ, USA
Posts: 26
Analog rejects in the brave new digital world...

__________________
Marantz=2130|3650|300DC(2)|6370Q|CD-73|170DC|2385|2285B|1250
Pioneer=RT909|RT707|SG9800|PL71(2)|CT-F1000 | JBL-L100 | JBL 4312
Technics RS 1700 | JBL 4647/2445J/3115A | C220 | MC275 | Dual 1219 | Thorens TD 124 MKII
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #51  
Old 06-25-2009, 09:00 PM
grimer's Avatar
grimer grimer is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Jim Thorpe,PA
Posts: 353
---

Last edited by grimer; 05-14-2010 at 06:23 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 06-25-2009, 09:32 PM
zenith2134's Avatar
zenith2134 zenith2134 is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: UTC -4
Posts: 2,546
Aw, I woulda saved the bottom 19 incher in the 1st pic, looks like an RCA or GE from the early 80s
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 06-26-2009, 11:44 AM
site123a site123a is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 240
I would have took that 13" set in the first photo...

While walking around today I found a 25" RCA made in 2000 without A/V jacks, I saw no reason to take it so I left it. I think a lot of people in my area either got the converter box, gave away there TV or sent them to the recycling center because I'm not finding a lot of curbside finds.

One thing I find weird is that a lot of the stores I went to are out of indoor antennas, I hope people aren't buying them just because they have "DTV Ready" on the box. Even the dollor stores are out of antennas!

Last edited by site123a; 06-26-2009 at 11:55 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 06-26-2009, 01:12 PM
peverett peverett is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 883
I have found that a plain old UHF loop antenna works as well as any of the indoor "DTV ready" antennas that I have purchased from Wal-Mart, etc.

I do have a special one that I have purchased from Frys(I think Andy posted a picture of this type) that I have yet to try.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 06-26-2009, 02:38 PM
grimer's Avatar
grimer grimer is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Jim Thorpe,PA
Posts: 353
---

Last edited by grimer; 05-14-2010 at 06:23 PM.
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #56  
Old 06-26-2009, 02:44 PM
zenithfan1's Avatar
zenithfan1 zenithfan1 is offline
Mark
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Kenosha, Wisconsin
Posts: 4,211
Sounds like some heavy smoker sets, this is what their lungs look like too. I passed on a neat little 1977 7" Toshiba Black Stripe the other day that was just like you describe.
__________________
My TV page and YouTube channel
Kyocera R-661, Yamaha RX-V2200
National Panasonic SA-5800
Sansui 1000a, 1000, SAX-200, 5050, 9090DB, 881, SR-636, SC-3000, AT-20
Pioneer SX-939, ER-420, SM-B201
Motorola SK77W-2Z tube console
McIntosh MC2205, C26
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 06-26-2009, 06:58 PM
67Zenith's Avatar
67Zenith 67Zenith is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 27
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by peverett View Post
Just saw a video on MSNBC.com about analog TVs ending up in national forests in Washington state. Some are even being used for target practice, greatly magnifying the pollution effects from the TV.

According to the video, this is happening even though free TV recycling is available. Some people are just morons.

Target practice? People are shooting out the guts of their old analog sets? That really creeps me out. Shows the violent nature that too many people have - even shooting their old tv sets. Weird.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 06-26-2009, 08:01 PM
zenith2134's Avatar
zenith2134 zenith2134 is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: UTC -4
Posts: 2,546
Wow, clean Sony. Good find.

Yeah, I've blown up a lot of old TV's myself, but I clean up usually.......
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 06-26-2009, 08:39 PM
peverett peverett is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 883
From the video that I saw, these people cleaned up nothing. Just as bad is that it was in the Pacific Northwest(not the desert) where the rain, etc would quickly disperse the well beyond the original disposal site.

(I am not saying that the desert is any less succeptable to enviromental damage, just that there is usually more time to prevent the spread of it).
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 06-27-2009, 03:13 PM
wa2ise's Avatar
wa2ise wa2ise is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: USA
Posts: 3,147
Thumbs down

First BPC set I've seen around here in Bellevue is a 19 inch TV/VCR unit by Panasonic. Just yesterday Cumcast switched about half their analog channels to digital, so that may explain why someone tossed it.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:08 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.