Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #10  
Old 04-18-2009, 11:50 AM
jeyurkon's Avatar
jeyurkon jeyurkon is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central Michigan
Posts: 1,699
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgadow View Post
Looking good! Very good for the first power up. I've never had a terrible experience with seleniums; they just seem to be "weak" on some sets. (maybe most sets!) I agree, it is fun to get it working the "old way". I was thinking, you might just be the guy to try rebuilding a selenium!
Actually there are at least still two manufacturers of selenium rectifiers.

I might try putting together a supply with the NOS seleniums and a dummy load to see how they behave. I might have too high expectations for how I think they should test.

But, for now I'm going to use the 1N4007s. and an additional 110 ohms with each.

I'm glad I fused the seleniums in case they died.

John
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:58 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.