Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #14  
Old 04-10-2009, 08:38 PM
Chimes's Avatar
Chimes Chimes is offline
VK Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 57
I guess I don't see your concern. You say you have already recapped the set, so the next step would be to bring it slowly on the variac and watch for anything unusual. If it comes up and no smoke or fireworks, then time to trouble shoot any problems there may be.

I have never bothered to reform any new electrolytic capacitors and never had a problem and I have replaced hundreds. I hear the audio folks talk about that as they seem to think capacitors need to be "broken in", but with modern electrolytics that is simply not necessary.

Last edited by Chimes; 04-10-2009 at 08:44 PM.
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:03 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.