Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #11  
Old 12-07-2002, 08:34 PM
Eric H's Avatar
Eric H Eric H is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: So. Calif
Posts: 11,565
I think I got a good deal on the Philco and the Hoffman was practically a giveaway at $20.

I had to go to West Covina today to pick up a CRT I won on eBay, well I was somewhat loath to drive all the way down just to get this CRT but when I checked my E-mail this morning there was a message from someone in Ontario (Calif) asking if I was interested in some sets.

Ontario is right on the way to W. Covina so I lucked out and got a dual purpose trip!

Neither set plays, the Hoffman will show a slight flicker on the screen the Philco just hums.
Gee, I wonder what it could be, maybe the caps could be bad?

Both CRT's check like new though I don't know if they have ever been rejuved.

The Philco isn't perfect, there are a few chips and marks here and there but nothing I would refinish it for.

The Hoffman... well I suppose it COULD be restored, someday, after everything else has been fixed and I have nothing to do I might take that project on.

The Philco has an 8 channel tuner and an electromagnetic Ion trap, it also has a Polarized interlock connector, looks just like an interlock on a modern set but about twice as big! Cool set.

The back is missing along with the special cord needed to interface with this connector so I will have to make do.

Eric
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:04 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.