Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Movies, shows, & programs

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #34  
Old 12-29-2008, 12:29 PM
Urchinn's Avatar
Urchinn Urchinn is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 21
I agree with alot of your statements, Pyrrho, but I really feel that if any director re-imagines a book (which vastly differs from the movies that leave out part of the source...lets face it, it is difficult to be faithful to any book in 90 minutes of screen time) to suit his fancy (or commercial viability), then that director cannot complain if his financing company decides to alter the film in any way. I'm guessing that my major beef here is that one of my fave literary series (Hobbit/Lord of the Rings) was re-imagined into stupidity. If Miramax wanted to release a 30 minute non-violent version for kids, I cannot see how the Jackson camp could complain. Wow, I'm really getting off the subject here!
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:18 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.