Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Movies, shows, & programs

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 11-18-2008, 09:40 AM
Rome's Avatar
Rome Rome is offline
Sound Aesthetics
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Dallas Texas
Posts: 45
Hey guys/girls!
Anyone remember the super polite chipmunks, squirrels, or whatever they were?

I think one of their famous words were: "Indubedtly!"
Spelling in question...

Rome
__________________


"Arm Yourself With The Weapon Of Common Sense" -- Rome
I 2 I
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 11-18-2008, 09:42 AM
Rome's Avatar
Rome Rome is offline
Sound Aesthetics
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Dallas Texas
Posts: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drybasement View Post
I love the Looney Tunes. Every Saturday morning was spent watching those cartoons when I was a kid. My favorite has always been Foghorn Leghorn. I have vols 1-5 of The Golden Collection and there's not much Foghorn Leghorn in those. Volume 6 is now available (which I will no doubt purchase) so I hope they've included more Foghorn in that one. As long as they continue releasing these Looney Tunes collections I will keep buying them. Great stuff!
You are pulling my heart string with Foghorn, Drybasement!
My dad loved him & would walk around saying, "I say, I say, Boy!

Klassic,
Rome
__________________


"Arm Yourself With The Weapon Of Common Sense" -- Rome
I 2 I
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 11-18-2008, 09:51 AM
JosephH's Avatar
JosephH JosephH is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Lewiston, NY
Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drybasement View Post
I love the Looney Tunes. Every Saturday morning was spent watching those cartoons when I was a kid. My favorite has always been Foghorn Leghorn. I have vols 1-5 of The Golden Collection and there's not much Foghorn Leghorn in those. Volume 6 is now available (which I will no doubt purchase) so I hope they've included more Foghorn in that one. As long as they continue releasing these Looney Tunes collections I will keep buying them. Great stuff!
I absolutely love them all too! I just heard that they have discontinued the Golden Collection. Needless to say I have been completing my collection ASAP.
__________________

Pioneer SX-1250, SX-980, SX-3800, SX-727
We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle- Winston Churchill
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 11-18-2008, 10:08 AM
Drybasement's Avatar
Drybasement Drybasement is offline
Hold the ketchup...
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Midland, Michigan
Posts: 41
Golden Collection

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephH View Post
I absolutely love them all too! I just heard that they have discontinued the Golden Collection. Needless to say I have been completing my collection ASAP.
Yeah, I read that myself. Volume 6 will be the last one. What a shame.
__________________
...and pass the mustard.

A nickel ain't worth a dime anymore. ~ Yogi Berra
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 11-18-2008, 10:21 AM
WhiteSE's Avatar
WhiteSE WhiteSE is offline
Lambda Acoustics!!!
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Pocomoke, MD
Posts: 174
character wise, even though not many appearances is the gremlin that tries to sabbotage the bomber..."you have to hit it just right" as he tries to smack a bomb.

__________________
" All I know, Is That I Know Nothing".....

Mono: Fisher 500 mono rec. w/EVRegency III, Stereo: Technics SP-10 TT, McIntosh MR-55, Pilot SA-232, JBL L-96, Pilot SA-210 pre.
In reserve: EV12trxb, EV15trx
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #36  
Old 11-18-2008, 10:24 AM
Bogframe's Avatar
Bogframe Bogframe is offline
Holy Pioneer!
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 103
Foghorn's always been a big one with me too, and there's a lot of him on YouTube so I have something to watch on a Saturday morning.
"That boy's as sharp as a sack of wet mice"
__________________

"A drummer, bass and two guitars
When you're playing Tasty, you'll go far
Tasty, ooh Tasty, ain't it time we mellow out?"


Tasty-The Good Rats
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 11-18-2008, 10:24 AM
madpioneer madpioneer is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 24
So much so that I dedicated many years to collecting the single and boxsets of Laserdiscs also a few VHS of the Looney Tunes to get the
UNCENSORED/UNCUT/POLITICALLY INCORRECT true tunes I watched as a kid along with Tom & Jerry, the Tex Avery Collection etc...

I have heard the Golden Collection DVD's have edited and missing Tunes due to political correctness not sure if thats true as I only go for the Laserdisc versions. The slight grain in the Laserdisc versions make it feel that much more like 1965 again when I first watched them as a kid.

My favorites have to be Bugs, Foghorn Leghorn, Yosemite Sam.
For many years now when I arise on Saturday mornings on go the Laserdiscs and have my own Looney Tunes marathon without any editing or commercials.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 11-18-2008, 10:24 AM
WhiteSE's Avatar
WhiteSE WhiteSE is offline
Lambda Acoustics!!!
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Pocomoke, MD
Posts: 174
My all time favourite: A Tale of two Kitties" parody of Abbott and Costello.

__________________
" All I know, Is That I Know Nothing".....

Mono: Fisher 500 mono rec. w/EVRegency III, Stereo: Technics SP-10 TT, McIntosh MR-55, Pilot SA-232, JBL L-96, Pilot SA-210 pre.
In reserve: EV12trxb, EV15trx
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 11-18-2008, 10:25 AM
WhiteSE's Avatar
WhiteSE WhiteSE is offline
Lambda Acoustics!!!
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Pocomoke, MD
Posts: 174
__________________
" All I know, Is That I Know Nothing".....

Mono: Fisher 500 mono rec. w/EVRegency III, Stereo: Technics SP-10 TT, McIntosh MR-55, Pilot SA-232, JBL L-96, Pilot SA-210 pre.
In reserve: EV12trxb, EV15trx
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 11-18-2008, 10:47 AM
similost's Avatar
similost similost is offline
Rockin and Rollin....
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Alexandria VA
Posts: 223
I say boy, do you reallly think a Looneyious Toonious fan would be huntin wabbit inside a thread like this if he wasn't looking to blow up the Earth? I mean, you wouldn't see a puddy tat if you didn't... You're about as sharp as a bowling ball if you have to ask..
__________________
Big ass speakers with too much power, and nowhere to go fast...
Altec A7-500; Peavey SUB118-HC
Modded Quicksilver 8417 Mono Amps; Tapco J1400
Behringer MX2004X; Tapco T-231; Peavey VSX; Pioneer SR-303
Technics SL-1200MKII; Pioneer RT-701; Yamaha CDX-1030; KLH Model 18
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #41  
Old 11-18-2008, 10:59 AM
Rome's Avatar
Rome Rome is offline
Sound Aesthetics
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Dallas Texas
Posts: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by similost View Post
I say boy, do you reallly think a Looneyious Toonious fan would be huntin wabbit inside a thread like this if he wasn't looking to blow up the Earth? I mean, you wouldn't see a puddy tat if you didn't... You're about as sharp as a bowling ball if you have to ask..
Ingenious, Similost!

Rome
__________________


"Arm Yourself With The Weapon Of Common Sense" -- Rome
I 2 I
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 11-18-2008, 11:08 AM
Rome's Avatar
Rome Rome is offline
Sound Aesthetics
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Dallas Texas
Posts: 45
Sufferin suckatash!

Rome
Attached Images
File Type: gif Sylvester.gif (13.0 KB, 1 views)
__________________


"Arm Yourself With The Weapon Of Common Sense" -- Rome
I 2 I
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 11-18-2008, 02:49 PM
Sansui Louie Sansui Louie is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 25
I'm not a big fan of the earlier Looney Tunes and don't like a lot of the toons on the Golden Collection(s). Therefore I've assembled my own "Best Of" dvd's with all my faves on them, including some that I found on YouTube (the quality isn't all that bad if you get them in high quality, there's a trick to that) and others that I found out on the net that were never included in the Golden Collection (like "Wet Hare" with my old avatar, Blacque Jacque Shellacque)
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 11-18-2008, 03:51 PM
FalconEddy's Avatar
FalconEddy FalconEddy is offline
Audio Mastering Engineer
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: New England
Posts: 9
Love 'em!

I remember when I was a kid and we'd all go to the drive-in theater.

We kids would all hope they had a Warner Bros movie playing because generally they'd play a Looney Tune cartoon before the main feature.

Unless, of course, the main feature was a Walt Disney full-length cartoon!

. . Falcon
__________________


. . . but, what do I know?
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 11-18-2008, 03:58 PM
Sandy G's Avatar
Sandy G Sandy G is offline
Spiteful Old Cuss
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Rogersville, Tennessee
Posts: 9,571
"Ain't nothin' but a little ole Lint-Pickin' Weasel !" Went to YouTube, & Hee-Hawed at the Foghorn Ass Whoopin' moments...
__________________
Benevolent Despot
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:43 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.