Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Rectangular Screen Tube Televisions

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #2  
Old 11-06-2008, 02:33 AM
freakaftr8's Avatar
freakaftr8 freakaftr8 is offline
Convergence freak!
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Folsom, CA (no not in the prison)
Posts: 1,778
First of all I own a 36 FS trinitron. Yes these are known to have issues of all types. I have had to repair the power supply 5 times now over the course of 2001 to now. Ok the snapping sounds you are hearing, take the back off turn off the lights, look at the flyback watch for a light show. Also was it damp when you got the set? I would resolder the flyback connections on the PCB, I have seen cold solder problems. Try to start there..
__________________
Honey, turn on the tv.. I'm cold!
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:01 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.